Totally Redesigned POS with Advanced Design and PAR’s Proven Reliability – It’s Where Elegance and Power Meet!
New Hartford, NY – July 24, 2012 – ParTech, Inc. (PAR), a subsidiary of PAR Technology Corporation (NYSE: PAR), introduces its all new PAR EverServ® 7000 POS terminal. The totally redesigned PAR EverServ 7000 Series POS hardware is built with the same rugged durability PAR is known for and an innovative, sleek design that delivers the performance hospitality and retail operators demand.
“A commitment and passion for quality, performance and reliability have been PAR’s core principles for more than 30 years and the design of EverServ 7000 is no exception,” said Scott Langdoc, CTO, ParTech. “From an industrial design perspective, we challenged our engineering teams to produce a stunning, contemporary looking POS terminal that visually rises above the competition – and they delivered. Impressively, these design changes together with material performance enhancements were achieved at a price point even more competitive than our previous model.”
“Built for applications designed for the Windows Embedded platform, the PAR EverServ 7000 offers hospitality and retail companies a solution that benefits users on a number of levels, including increased multi-touch capability and the flexibility and familiarity of Windows,” said Karen Smith, Worldwide Senior Product Manager, Microsoft. “POS terminals like the PAR EverServ 7000 play a key role in building intelligent systems that allow companies to realize the hidden value of sharing and analyzing data across multiple devices and the cloud.”
The EverServ 7000 is built to last in the harsh hospitality and retail environments where POS terminals are subjected to abusive conditions, vibrations and liquid spills BUT without any compromise in its aggressive design departure from the traditional POS terminal “status quo” design. The key features of the EverServ 7000 include:
- Performance – EverServ 7000 features high performance 2nd generation (32nm) Intel® CoreTM processor family for lightning fast performance and striking graphics.
- Serviceability – Making the terminal easy to service was paramount in the design of EverServ 7000. Operators will appreciate the fully centralized I/O port connectivity, easy access to major components and remote diagnostics and management capabilities which simplify component replacements and increases system uptime.
- Remote Management – Industry-standard remote diagnostics and management capabilities reduce the number of help desk calls and service visits, enabling customers to perform maintenance before a device fails. This feature leverages Intel® Active Management Technology (AMT) and is available with the Intel i5 optional CPU.
- Scalable – Multiple component options (CPU, memory, touch screen, disk drives, customer displays, etc.) offers maximum scalability and increases the life of the terminal. Customer display options include 12” customer display, 4 lines x 20 character Vacuum Fluorescent Display (VFD) or 5”x7” static display.
- Multi-touch – The optional projected capacitive screen natively supports multi-touch or gesture-based applications on supported operating systems (e.g. Microsoft’s POSReady 7).
- Flexibility – Built-in VESA mount offers the flexibility to be mounted almost anywhere (wall, low-profile or kiosk mounted).
“Our customers told us they wanted an innovative new terminal that has top performance and is more modular/scalable than what was currently available in the market,” said Rahi Roshandel, Senior Director, Hardware Product Management, ParTech. “We believe the EverServ 7000 definitely hits the mark and the early feedback from our key customers has been extremely enthusiastic. This is the type of ‘game-changing’ technology advancement that will inspire operators to upgrade their POS hardware.”
Product Availability and Information
The PAR EverServ 7000 POS will be available for purchase worldwide in mid August 2012. All PAR POS software applications are certified to run on the EverServ7000.
Detailed product information is available on the PAR EverServ 7000 Web page and product photos are available in the PAR Image Library. Watch the EverServ 7000 Video under the Videos tab of the EverServ 7000 Web page.
About PAR Technology Corporation
PAR Technology Corporation’s stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol PAR. PAR’s Hospitality segment has been a leading provider of restaurant and retail technology for more than 30 years. PAR offers technology solutions for the full spectrum of restaurant operations, from large chain and independent table service restaurants to international quick service chains. PAR’s Hospitality business also provides hotel management systems with a complete suite of powerful tools for guest management, recreation management, and timeshare/condo management. In addition, PAR offers the spa industry a leading management application specifically designed to support the unique needs of the resort spa and day spa markets, a rapidly growing hospitality segment. Products from PAR also can be found in retailers, cinemas, cruise lines, stadiums and food service companies.
Visit www.partech.com for more information.
Intel and Intel Core are registered trademarks of Intel Corporation in the United States and other countries.