Pizza is a dish held close to almost every American’s heart. It is a quick, easy, and delicious go-to meal for most families, with an estimated 93% of Americans eating a slice at least once a month. And in certain cities around the country where pizza is in the spotlight, like Chicago and New York, the number of regular pizza eaters can certainly be much higher. In the United States alone, pizza is a $45.1B industry, and that metric is only expected to grow as consumers continue to crave a slice of the pie.
Contrary to popular belief, pizza restaurants are not just another subcategory of the restaurant industry. In fact, it actually has quite a few distinctive features when it comes to leveraging technology and providing unique consumer experiences. Given the recent surge in customization in restaurants, having a tech stack that’s able to handle modifications and substitutions is more important than ever before—and pizza is no exception. Pizza historically has more nuances and modifications to the order than any other restaurant dish. This makes it essential for any pizza parlor to sport a point-of-sale (POS) system that’s more than up for the task, ensuring that customers can grab that flawless slice to their liking pronto! PAR Technology’s PixelPoint POS is proven to step up to the plate, handling every kind of pizza that comes its way, making it an ideal fit for all forms of eateries, whether it’s a big chain or a standalone joint that whips up its own dough!
But what makes PixelPoint POS the ideal choice for any pizza restaurant? Let’s break it down:
- Customizable Pizza Builder: The ideal pizza POS must be able to build personalized pizza pies catered to consumers’ requests while assigning the right price tag to it. A POS system that can customize guests ’ pizzas to their liking ensures they can personalize their pizza size, crust type, cheese selection, an array of toppings, and any other request they may have.
- Split toppings and half-and-half orders: The ability to split toppings and accommodate half-and-half orders is crucial. Split orders enable customers to choose different toppings on each half of their pizza, while half-and-half orders allow customers to combine two pre-made pizza recipes on one pie. It is important that your pizza POS allows for splits and half-and-half orders to allow customers flexibility.
- Specials and Combos: Imagine a family pizza night without those delightful breadsticks or a sweet dessert on the side – it just wouldn’t be the same! Combos not only serve as a welcoming invitation for diners but can also act as a clever strategy to boost pizza sales. In fact, larger pizza chains often sweeten the deal by bundling sides or beverages with a pizza order. For managing such enticing combinations, your POS must seamlessly factor in special pricing, coupons, and discounts at the checkout stage. After all, it’s these little touches that keep both customers and profits rolling in!
- Online Ordering and Delivery: The bread and butter, or the sauce and cheese, of pizza operations are online ordering and delivery services. According to the US Department of Agriculture, 59% of Americans choose to eat pizza in their homes rather than dine out at pizza restaurants. This makes online ordering and delivery options or integrations an absolute essential for any pizza brand’s POS system.
- Customer Database: Whether it’s a sprawling enterprise or the cozy mom-and-pop pizzeria just around the corner, any pizza POS has the power to boost efficiency and customer frequency by utilizing a customer database. Leveraging a customer database serves two purposes: 1. For delivery and re-orders, operators can trim down time by streamlining the process, thus enhancing overall operations., 2. The brand can go the extra mile in cherishing and retaining customers with a range of customer management features. These include order history tracking, customer profiles, and the capability to dispatch targeted promotions or tailor-made offers. Incorporating such features will not only enhance business operations but will also add that extra layer of personalization that keeps customers coming back for more slices of your pizza goodness.
Whether you’re eyeing expansion for your operations or aiming to streamline sales and labor tracking, PixelPoint has all the ingredients a pizza restaurant could possibly desire.